I consider the Gold Coast to be a home away from home and it’s with great pleasure that I show you around this area.
The Gold Coast is located about an hours drive south of Brisbane, Australia. There are Gold Coast airports but if you’re visiting from a different country, you can land in Brisbane and take a train directly from the Brisbane airport to the suburbs of the Gold Coast. Once you get there, you can take a bus to downtown Surfers Paradise quite easily.
It’s affectionately known “sunny place for shady people.” Though I hear that the “bikey gangs” run the town, I’ve never felt like it’s anything other than safe and friendly. I would guess that this place is the Las Vegas of Australia. They have long beautiful beaches, a beautiful broad-water system where many well off people live and a stunning hinterland.
It’s also a great place to come to party… if you’re into that sort of thing.
Come on a Tour of the Gold Coast
Can’t see the embedded video? Watch it on YouTube here.
Some Travel Tips
- This place is safe a friendly. A great place to visit if it’s your first time out of the country
- The Surfer’s Paradise festival doesn’t happen every weekend so check the tourism website for events happening when you’re planning your trip
- Make sure to go in the water. It’s clean, warm and beautiful
- Australian lifestyle is much like that of the USA and it’s easy to drive around, they speak english and they are really friendly as a rule
- Remember that the Aussies use the left side of the road
How did you like the video? Have you been to the Gold Coast before? What would you recommend that I left out?
Thanks for reading and as always, drop you e-mail in the signup below and I’ll keep you up to date on all the things we’re building in the future.